Friday, March 2, 2007

Creating Web Sites

I have been working on two web sites for my archaeology class. One of them I have posted in the online student postings and I am in the process of editing. I have used some of the parts of this site in the past, but have added substantially to it. It is site with information on the paintings in Cosquer Cave, a fascinating cave in France with an underwater entrance. A second exploration of this cave was done in recent years, and I will be adding further to that site and then posting the url on this blog.

The second is a new site on the rituals of the Mayans in the caves of Belize and Guatemala. (Can you tell I love caves? In the past, before I got older and hurt my ankle, I went wild caving with the lighted helmet and kneepads, etc.) I have a lot of studying to do and photos to download before I begin that site. I also have signed up for the Lynda.com tutorials and begun the movies on Photoshop Elements and Dreamweaver MX. I am contemplating buying the new versions of CS and Dreamweaver 8 while I still get student discounts, but have to make some $$ first.

So, it is on to the tutorials and work on the web sites.

No comments: